What To Know
- Overall, the Fitbit Blaze is a great fitness tracker for everyday activity, but it may not provide the level of detail you are looking for when it comes to swimming.
- However, it is not recommended to wear the Fitbit Blaze during scuba diving or high-pressure water activities, as this may cause damage to the device or compromise its water resistance.
Fitbit Blaze: Water Resistant or Water Proof?
Fitbit Blaze users have had mixed opinions regarding the device’s water resistance. While some claim that it is completely water resistant, others report that it can sustain water damage. The Blaze’s IP67 rating does not guarantee complete water resistance. It can only withstand up to 1 meter of submersion for up to 30 minutes. However, this rating is enough for normal use such as washing hands, getting caught in the rain, or even a quick swim. To keep your Fitbit Blaze safe, don’t wear it while showering, swimming, or diving.
Is Fitbit Blaze Water Resistant?
The Fitbit Blaze is a smart fitness watch that tracks your activity, sleep, and heart rate. It also has a water-resistant design, which means you can wear it while swimming or showering. However, it’s not designed to be submerged in water for long periods of time, so it’s always a good idea to take it off before diving or engaging in water sports.
Is The Fitbit Blaze Waterproof?
- * The Fitbit Blaze is water-resistant, not waterproof.
- * It can withstand splashes and rain, but should not be worn while swimming or bathing.
- * The Fitbit Blaze has a rating of IP67, which means it can withstand immersion in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
- * However, it is not recommended to wear the Fitbit Blaze while showering or bathing, as this can shorten the life of the device.
Does The Fitbit Blaze Track Swimming?
The Fitbit Blaze is a fitness tracker that is designed to be worn all day, every day. It tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes, as well as your heart rate and sleep.
When it comes to swimming, the Fitbit Blaze does track it, but only in a limited capacity. The Blaze is water-resistant up to 50 meters, which means it can be worn while swimming, showering, or in the rain. However, it does not have a swimming mode, so it will not track your laps or distance in the pool.
Instead, the Blaze will track your activity as “other” when it is submerged in water. This means that it will count your active minutes, but not your distance or calories burned. Additionally, the Blaze does not have a heart rate monitor while swimming, so it will not track your resting heart rate or heart rate zones.
If you are looking for a fitness tracker that is specifically designed to track swimming, you may want to consider a waterproof model like the Fitbit Flex 2 or Garmin Vivoactive 3. These trackers have built-in swimming modes that track your laps, distance, and calories burned in the pool.
Overall, the Fitbit Blaze is a great fitness tracker for everyday activity, but it may not provide the level of detail you are looking for when it comes to swimming. If you are looking for a dedicated swimming tracker, you may want to consider a different model.
Can The Fitbit Blaze Be Used In The Shower?
Yes, the Fitbit Blaze is water-resistant and can be used in the shower or while swimming. It has a water resistance rating of up to 5 ATM, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of up to 50 meters. However, it’s recommended to avoid wearing the device in a hot tub or sauna, as the high temperatures and steam can cause damage to the device. Additionally, it’s recommended to wipe down the device after each use to remove any soap or other substances that may have been on the skin.
What Is The Fitbit Blaze’s Water Rating?
The Fitbit Blaze has a water rating of 5 ATM, which means that it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of up to 50 meters underwater. This means that it is suitable for swimming, snorkeling, and other water activities that involve water spray or submersion below shallow depths. However, it is not recommended to wear the Fitbit Blaze during scuba diving or high-pressure water activities, as this may cause damage to the device or compromise its water resistance.
How Do I Clean My Fitbit Blaze After Wearing It In Water?
Cleaning your Fitbit Blaze after wearing it in water is a simple process that involves the following steps:
1. Start by removing the band from your Fitbit Blaze. You can slide the tracker out of the band by pressing down on the metal connectors on the sides of the tracker and sliding it out of the band.
2. Next, use a dry cloth to wipe down the tracker and the band. This will help to remove any sweat or moisture that has accumulated.
3. If there is still moisture on the tracker or band, you can gently pat it dry with a soft cloth.
4. If your Fitbit Blaze has been exposed to salt water, you should rinse it off with fresh water and dry it thoroughly before wearing it again.
5. Finally, replace the tracker in the band and reattach the band to your wrist.
By following these steps, you can keep your Fitbit Blaze clean and ready for your next workout or activity.
In a nutshell
So, is Fitbit Blaze water resistant? The short answer is yes, Fitbit Blaze is water resistant. However, it’s not designed to be submerged in water or used for water sports. So, if you’re planning on swimming with your Fitbit, it’s best to take it off and put it in a dry place.