What To Know
- When you track your macros, you can make sure that you are eating a calorie surplus, which is necessary for muscle gain.
- You can also scan the barcode of a food item to automatically log it in the Fitbit app.
Fitbit Premium is a paid subscription service that offers a range of additional features and benefits to Fitbit users. One of the most popular features of Fitbit Premium is the ability to track macros, which are the nutrients that provide energy to the body. This can be a helpful tool for people who are trying to lose weight, gain muscle, or simply improve their overall health.
What Are Macros?
Macros are the three main nutrients that provide energy to the body: carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Each macro has a different function in the body.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the body’s primary source of energy. They are found in foods such as bread, pasta, rice, fruits, and vegetables.
- Proteins: Proteins are essential for building and repairing tissues. They are found in foods such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products.
- Fats: Fats are essential for hormone production and cell function. They are found in foods such as butter, oil, nuts, and seeds.
Why Is Tracking Macros Important?
Tracking macros can be helpful for people who are trying to lose weight, gain muscle, or simply improve their overall health.
- Weight Loss: When you track your macros, you can make sure that you are eating a calorie deficit, which is necessary for weight loss. You can also make sure that you are getting enough protein, which is essential for preserving muscle mass during weight loss.
- Muscle Gain: When you track your macros, you can make sure that you are eating a calorie surplus, which is necessary for muscle gain. You can also make sure that you are getting enough protein, which is essential for building muscle.
- Improved Health: Tracking macros can help you improve your overall health by ensuring that you are getting the right balance of nutrients. This can help reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
How Does Fitbit Premium Track Macros?
Fitbit Premium uses a variety of methods to track macros.
- Food Logging: You can manually log your food in the Fitbit app. This includes the name of the food, the serving size, and the number of calories, carbohydrates, proteins, and fats in the food.
- Barcode Scanning: You can also scan the barcode of a food item to automatically log it in the Fitbit app. This is a quick and easy way to track your food intake.
- Recipe Import: You can import recipes from popular recipe websites into the Fitbit app. This makes it easy to track the macros in your meals.
- Meal Planning: Fitbit Premium also offers a meal planning feature that allows you to create custom meals and snacks. This can be a helpful tool for people who are trying to eat healthier.
Fitbit Premium Macro Tracking Features
Fitbit Premium offers a variety of features that make it easy to track your macros.
- Macro Goals: You can set macro goals for yourself in the Fitbit app. This can help you stay on track with your diet.
- Macro Tracking Dashboard: The Fitbit app provides a dashboard that shows you your daily macro intake. This makes it easy to see how you are progressing towards your goals.
- Food Insights: Fitbit Premium provides insights into your food choices. This can help you identify areas where you can improve your diet.
- Personalized Recommendations: Fitbit Premium provides personalized recommendations for how to improve your diet. This can help you reach your goals faster.
Is Fitbit Premium Worth It for Macro Tracking?
Whether or not Fitbit Premium is worth it for macro tracking depends on your individual needs and budget. If you are serious about tracking your macros and improving your diet, then Fitbit Premium can be a valuable tool. However, if you are only interested in basic macro tracking, then you may be able to find a free app that meets your needs.
Alternatives to Fitbit Premium for Macro Tracking
There are a number of free and paid apps that offer macro tracking features. Some popular alternatives to Fitbit Premium include:
- MyFitnessPal: MyFitnessPal is a free app that offers a wide range of features for tracking macros, including food logging, barcode scanning, and recipe import.
- Lose It!: Lose It! is another free app that offers similar features to MyFitnessPal.
- Cronometer: Cronometer is a paid app that offers more advanced macro tracking features, such as nutrient analysis and personalized recommendations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I track macros with a free Fitbit account?
A: No, macro tracking is only available with a Fitbit Premium subscription.
- Q: How much does Fitbit Premium cost?
A: Fitbit Premium costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year.
- Q: What other features does Fitbit Premium offer?
A: Fitbit Premium offers a variety of other features, including advanced sleep tracking, personalized insights, and guided workouts.