Alert: This information is from last years East Boston Youth Action Council (Summer of 2019). Information about the 2020 programs coming soon.
The East Boston Youth Council’s Peer Leaders will work to Promote and Enhance The Health and Well-Being of the East Boston Community
The vision of the East Boston Youth Council is to improve the mental, physical, and social health in the East Boston community through the engagement and development of young leaders. The EBYAC will work to develop participants’ professionalism, leadership skills, and knowledge of community health to produce meaningful health outcomes, including but not limited to the prevention of youth substance use and abuse, within the East Boston community.
Commitment and Compensation
- Peer Leaders will commit to 8 hours of paid service per week in the months of July and August 2019.
- Compensation is $12.50 per hour, paid weekly (payment is via American Express gift cards).
- Schedules will vary based on the individual interests of EBYAC participants.
Areas of Engagement
- Assist in facilitating summer school classes for younger youth following the Botvin Lifeskills curriculum.
- Create youth engagement materials to be shared with the community at the weekly Famer’s Market in East Boston.
- Coordinate an end-of-summer soccer tournament and community celebration.
- Participate in website creation and become trained in video production.
Information about 2020 programs coming soon!
EBNHC’s ETI Building, 250 Sumner Street, East Boston
Weekly Dinner Meetings for teens on THURSDAYS featuring:
Professional Development and Leadership Training
Participation in East Boston Community Events
Free Gift Card!
Earn gift cards (American Express or Visa) for every week you attend EBYAC’s weekly dinner.